Continuing Workforce Education: Advanced Firefighter & Emergency Medical Technician Coursework
The Southwest Florida Fire Academy in conjunction with the Southwest Florida Public Service Academy is pleased to announce we will now be offering continuing and advanced classes for firefighters. All of the classes offered at the Academy will be approved by the State for credit into FCDICE upon completion. Most classes are available for offsite instruction. Please contact us to schedule.
Registration for the Live Fire Training Classes listed below is CLOSED.
Our current class offerings are listed below:
- Live Fire Training Instructor Refresher (8-hours) = June 2nd, 2023
- Live Fire Training Adjunct Instructor (16-hours) = June 2nd and 30th, 2023 (This class is cancelled, due to the fact that the BFST still has not approved the “revised” criteria for this course.)
- Live Fire Training Instructor (40-hours) = June 2nd, 9th, 23rd and 30th, 2023
The Program Registration Form and Class Fliers are on the Advanced Firefighter Forms & Documents tab above.
***The registration deadline is May 29, 2023 by 12pm (noon)***
If you have questions pertaining to the class please call or e-mail John Wayne at 239-334-3897 or email@example.com
To register for the class, please e-mail your completed Program Registration form to John Wayne at firstname.lastname@example.org. ALL FIELDS MUST BE FILLED OUT ON THIS FORM…NO EXCEPTIONS.
In your e-mail please include your name, employing fire department, contact telephone #, the class you are registering for (8-hour, 16-hour, or 40-hour) and your FCDICE #.
- To offer the highest quality vocational and technical Firefighting & EMS programs.
- To train highly competent recruits.
- To assist our graduates with employment in the fire and emergency medical services.
- To enable certified & employed firefighters and EMTs to upgrade their job skills for career advancement through advanced and specialized training.
- To respond to the educational needs of the citizens, communities, and industries in the Academy’s service area.
- To develop into the highest quality fire & EMS schools in the State of Florida through the implementation of continuous improvements.