When there are openings for any upcoming classes, they will be advertised right here on our website. Continue to check back for any updates or future class offerings.
OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR OUR FEBRUARY 2021 CLASS HAS CLOSED AND OUR NEXT CLASS IS TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR MAY 2021. WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS AT THIS TIME.
DUE TO COVID-19, WE PREFER THAT YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION VIA U.S. MAIL. HOWEVER, APPLICATIONS CAN ALSO BE DROPPED OFF IN PERSON MONDAY-FRIDAY FROM 8AM-3PM. WE WILL NOT PROCESS INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS, SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PROVIDED EVERYTHING ON THE CHECKLIST WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION PACKET.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS IN ADVANCE OF CLASS OFFERINGS AND WE DO NOT FORM WAITING LISTS FOR FUTURE CLASSES.
***The TABE test is required to apply and it is currently only offered on Tuesdays at FMTC. Please contact CCTC for additional days/times***
This Applied Technology Diploma program prepares students for employment as emergency medical technicians to function at the basic pre-hospital emergency medical technician level and treat various medical/trauma conditions using appropriate equipment and materials.
The content includes patient assessment, airway management, cardiac arrest, external and internal bleeding and shock, traumatic injuries, fractures, dislocations, sprains, poisoning, heart attack, stroke, the unconscious state, emergency childbirth, burns, environmental hazards, communications, reporting, and extrication and transportation of patient. The student must be proficient in patient assessment and evaluation, sphygmomanometer and stethoscope, splints of all types, extrication tools, dressings and bandages, stretchers and patient carrying devices.
This program prepares students for certification as EMT’s in accordance with Chapter 64J of the Florida Administrative Code.
ADMISSIONS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Minimum requirements and steps to attend the EMT Program.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a standard high school diploma or GED® – Must be from an acceptable accredited agency.
- Have a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement. A background check will be required. There are additional charges that may disqualify you from being able to sit for the state certification test. Please review the following for your information: http://www.floridahealth.gov/licensing-and-regulation/emt-paramedics/licensing/index.html
- Be a legal United States resident.
- Highly recommended to be Tobacco Free for a minimum of 12 months prior to attending class.
- Not have a dishonorable discharge from any of the armed forces in the United States.
- Be drug free a minimum of 3-5 years prior, depending on substance used, Certified Drug Test required.
- Complete an American Heart Association CPR – BLS for the Healthcare Provider Course, submit a copy of card with application.
- Adhere to “Specific Requirements for Immunity” (separate form); immunizations records must be attached to application.
Step 1: Review the website www.SWFPSA.org for class dates, information about the program and the application process.
Step 2: Eligible for application. You are eligible for application when you have met the requirements above. Print out the application, gather the required documents and turn in completed application.
Step 3: If the application is complete, the prospective student may be considered for placement in the program. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Step 4: Digital Background Check & Certified Drug Test = $99.00
Step 5: Written exam and/or Interview. Additional information about this process will be provided.
Step 6: Additional information and steps will then be e-mailed to the applicant.
Step 7: Orientation is mandatory and all fees are due at this time.
Please return application packet to the attention of Monica Busbee.
Please refrain from emailing or calling to ask about your application, as soon as it is reviewed you will be contacted by phone call or email.
Course Fee :
In State – $2,183.70
Out of State – $4,820.70
(All course fees must be paid by check, debit or credit card. Cash will not be accepted.)
Note: Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Course Number : EMS 0110
- Monday, Wednesday, & Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (11 Weeks) = 300 hours + 8 hours exams
- Affordable Course Fee
- According to O'Net Online, jobs for Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics are expected to grow much faster than average (22% or higher) from 2012 - 2022.