As of October 3, 2017
We are currently full through May 2018
We will be offering an August 2018 class and will start accepting applications for this class in February 2018
This Applied Technology Diploma program prepares students for employment as emergency medical technicians to function at the basic pre-hospital emergency medical technician level and treat various medical/trauma conditions using appropriate equipment and materials.
The content includes patient assessment, airway management, cardiac arrest, external and internal bleeding and shock, traumatic injuries, fractures, dislocations, sprains, poisoning, heart attack, stroke, the unconscious state, emergency childbirth, burns, environmental hazards, communications, reporting, and extrication and transportation of patient. The student must be proficient in patient assessment and evaluation, sphygmomanometer and stethoscope, splints of all types, extrication tools, dressings and bandages, stretchers and patient carrying devices.
This program prepares students for certification as EMT’s in accordance with Chapter 64J of the Florida Administrative Code.
ADMISSIONS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
To be considered for admission into the EMT program each applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a standard High Diploma or GED- Must be from an acceptable accredited agency.
- Have a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- A Background Check will be required. You must not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement to attend the program. There are additional charges that may disqualify you from being able to sit for the state certification test. Please review for your information http://www.floridahealth.gov/licensing-and-regulation/emt-paramedics/licensing/index.html
- Be a legal United States Resident.
- Highly recommended to be Tobacco Free for a minimum of 12 months prior to attending class.
- Not have a dishonorable discharge from any of the armed forces in the United States.
- Adhere to Specific requirements for Immunity (separate forms) Immunizations records must be attached to application.
- Hold a current AHA CPR- BLS for the Healthcare Provider Card.
- Be Drug Free a minimum of 3-5 years prior, depending on substance use-will be required to take a certified drug test.
Steps to complete to be considered for the EMT program:
- Review and print out all the forms for the application
- Complete and gather all required forms and information for your application (Use the checklist that is provided in the application packet)
- Drop off the application to the Academy or place it in the mail. Applications will be reviewed in the order that they are received.
- If the application is complete, the student will be placed on the next available roster and emailed this information. The website will be updated when each upcoming class is full. **Incomplete applications will not be placed on a class roster**
- Within 60 days of the first day of class, an email will go out with instructions on completing a drug test and background check. There will be a strict deadline that will be adhered to stay on the class roster.
- Mandatory Orientation information will be emailed. The deposit on the tuition fees will be due on that day.
- First day of class, balance of tuition fees are due.
Please return application packet to attention Danielle Kirby either in person or by mail.
Please refrain from emailing or calling to ask about your application, as soon as it is reviewed you will be contacted by email.
Course Fee :
In State – $1,2510.20
Out of State – $3,798.36
- Course Number : EMS 0110
- Monday, Wednesday, & Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm 10 Weeks 300 hours + 8 hours exams =308
- Affordable Course Fee : $1,587.00
- According to O'Net Online, jobs for Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics are expected to grow much faster than average (22% or higher) from 2012 - 2022.